Qualified Charitable Distribution

How a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA Works


You are at least 70½ years old with IRA funds you no longer need


Make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA

*If you are 72 years old or older, your QCD can count towards your required minimum distribution (RMD)!

▸ Calculate Your RMD


Your QCD goes directly to charity, supporting a cause you care about

Discover the Benefits of a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)

Reduce Your Taxable Income

When you take funds from your IRA, they count as taxable income. But if you transfer them directly to charity, you reduce your taxable income while satisfying your RMD.

Fulfill your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)

After you turn 72, you must distribute funds from your IRA. If you do not distribute the required minimum, you may be penalized, but a QCD allows a transfer up to $100,000 per individual or $200,000 per couple to satisfy your RMD.

Make an Impact for Benedictine’s Students Now

When you transfer IRA funds to Benedictine College, you give students the opportunity to carry on the Benedictine tradition through access to scholarships, state-of-the-art facilities and an outstanding faculty.

The new tax law presented an opportunity to help the College (through an IRA gift) that I had not considered before.

– Charlie SanPetro, ’62

Find Out if a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is Right For You

Take Your Next Steps

1. Get started by selecting your IRA custodian and filling out your information below. This information will be used to pre-fill your distribution form.

2. Once you have downloaded and completed the rest of your form, please mail the form to your IRA custodian. We recommend mailing this by December 1 to ensure you receive your tax deduction for this year.

3. Please let us know about your generous gift! We’d like to thank you and ensure your gift goes to the program or department you desire.

▸ Let us know

This information is not intended as legal, accounting or other professional advice.
For assistance in legacy planning, consult an attorney for legal advice or the services of a qualified professional.